The portable CarePort unit can be provided as either a stand alone shower or shower & toilet combination, thereby providing an immediate solution for accessible showering and toileting.
If you work with clients who are unable to access their bathroom due to an illness, medical condition, physical ailment, or even simply home renovations, CarePort provides an invaluable short or long-term solution.
The CarePort avoids the following issues:
- Having to leave home while the renovations are occurring
- The inconvenience of being without a toilet and shower for a number of weeks
- Unnecessarily long stays in hospital whilst a bathroom is being renovated
- Unnecessarily long stays in hospital whilst you are waiting on funding for home modifications
- Needing to leave home to go into respite while the works are being completed
Those who benefit from the CarePort
- Clients that only have the one bathroom in the home during their renovations
- Discharge from hospital, however not yet well enough to use the existing bathroom safely
- Discharge from hospital and are waiting on funding for home modifications
- Individuals who are incapacitated or have a medical condition
- Temporary or permanent wheel chair users
The cubicle is suitable for virtually any type of shower stool or commode chair and the shower rose height can be adjusted to suit or simply hand held.
The CarePort can be installed and removed quickly in any room of a home with minimal disruption.
The freestanding unit is safe, easy to clean and conforms to the relevant Australian plumbing and electrical standards and can be supplied with an optional self contained thermostat controlled water heater.
Technical Specifications & Requirements:
- Standard Model: 1030mm in length x 864mm door opening
- Longer Model: 1215mm in length x 751mm door opening
- Ramp Size: 1,000mm width x 430mm depth (standard model)
- Ramp Size: 895mm width x 430mm depth (longer model)
- Allow 100mm at rear for plumbing services
- Allow as much space as possible for ease of user access
- 10 amp 240volt power point
- Access to garden tap
- Access to sewer gully trap
- Located close to an openable window or door